• The aim of the Foundation

    The aim of the Foundation is defined in § 4 of the Deed of Foundation, dated 10 October 1940. According to this, the paintings that were part of the foundation in 1940, as well as all paintings, drawings, sculptures and prints added until Reinhart's death in 1965  “shall be kept together in their unaltered condition permanently and made accessible to the general public and the community for viewing in order to promote the taste for good art.” Aside from various exemption clauses, the Collection of the Oskar Reinhart Foundation shall be  “permanently housed in the [...] old school in Winterthur” in order to fulfil the Deed of Foundation. (§ 4 of the Deed of Foundation).